POOL GUIDELINES AND ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
Please read the pool guidelines before joining us for swimming. These are important for your information, safety and hygiene.
Before and when you arrive
- Advance booking is essential either through direct debit or pay as you go membership
- Sessions times are Monday to Thursday 06.00-20.00. Friday 06.00-19.00, Saturday 08.00-17.30 and Sunday 08.00-17.45 – see timetable for full schedule
- Under 5s or non swimmers must be accompanied by a responsible adult (16 +) in the pool
- Children aged 5-8 must who are able to swim must be accompanied by a responsible adult (16+) who must remain in the pool or on poolside.
- We advise all swimmers to shower immediately before and after their swim, both for hygiene and to minimise any effects of discoloration from copper in the water.
- Suncream must be applied at least 30 mins before swimming so it does not come off in the water – for your own safety and for the cleanliness of the pool
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your booked session
- Enter and exit the pool in single file
In the pool
- Lane swim only – respect lane discipline and other swimmers, they may be slower than you
- If you are a competent swimmer working on improving your technique and need equipment please bring your own equipment
- Please do not use any equipment that has been out of use
- There are three lanes – slow, medium, and fast
- Hot drinks are available but please move away as soon as you have purchased your drink
In the event of a thunderstorm, all swimmers will be asked to leave the water immediately. Swimmers can re-enter the pool after the thunder has stopped for 30 minutes, once the signal is given from a member of staff, and subject to timetable.
In the event of lightning, the pool will be closed for 30 minutes, with rules as above for thunder.
General pool stats
- The shallow end is 1 metre
- The deep end is 1.8 metres
- It’s a 25-metre pool (actual length 25.85 metres)
- To make access easier, we have staircase style steps into the pool
- Latest ionisation technology is used for cleaner healthier water
- Water temperature is on average 27ºC/81ºF all year round