Our healthy heated open air pool is open from 6am weekdays, and 8am on Saturdays and Bank Holidays.
Due to current restrictions we’re sorry we can only admit competent lane swimmers. We have three lanes – ‘slow’, ‘medium’ and ‘fast’. Sessions begin at 15 minutes past the hour, and last 45 minutes. There are hot showers available on poolside for swimmers only. No changing rooms.
- Mon, Tues, Weds & Thurs 6.15 am – 7.15 pm
- Fridays 6.15 am – 6.15 pm
- Saturdays & Bank Holidays 8.15 am – 4.15 pm
- Sundays are lessons only
If you’d like to go to the gym also while you’re here, you’ll need to book separately for that session.
Before and when you arrive
- Sessions are 45 minutes, with a 15-minute change turn over time, to ensure safety of those entering and exiting the lido
- Monday to Thursday 06.15-19.15, Friday 06.15-18.15, Saturday 08.15-16.15
- Sunday closed (swimming lessons)
- Sessions must be booked in advance
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your booked session
- Come ‘pool ready’ if you can, including showering before you arrive
- Enter and exit the pool in single file
In the pool
- Lane swim only – respect lane discipline and other swimmers, they may be slower than you
- If you are a competent swimmer working on improving your technique and need equipment please bring your own equipment
- Please do not use any equipment that has been out of use
- Swim responsibly and maintain social distancing
- Backstroke and butterfly is prohibited
- There are three lanes – slow, medium, and fast
- No sunbathing or sitting poolside
- Hot drinks are available but please move away as soon as you have purchased your drink
Important – before swimming
- We advise all swimmers to shower immediately before and after their swim, both for hygiene and to minimise any effects of discoloration from copper in the water.
- Suncream must be applied at least 30 mins before swimming so it does not come off in the water – for your own safety and for the cleanliness of the pool
General pool stats
- The shallow end is 1 metre
- The deep end is 1.8 metres
- To make access easier, we have staircase style steps into the pool
- Latest ionisation technology is used for cleaner healthier water
- Water temperature is on average 28ºC/83ºF all year round
- In the event of a thunderstorm, all swimmers will be asked to leave the water immediately. Swimmers can re-enter the pool after the thunder has stopped for 20 minutes, once the signal is given from a member of staff, and subject to timetable
- In the event of lightning, the pool will be closed for 30 minutes, with rules as above for thunder.
FROM OUR MEMBERS
A well-run, family-friendly facility with helpful staff.
A good place to exercise outdoors
A good place to exercise outdoors, with tennis and swimming all year round.
The best gym I have ever been a part of / R S, member
The best gym I have ever been a part of in terms of vibe and ease. Great staff, no egos. (Google review)
Easy booking / K H, Member
Easy booking, lovely warm water … friendly staff and good Covid procedures. (Google review)
Amazing job to keep us all safe / A A, member
Thanks guys, amazing job to keep us all safe and socially distanced, as well as enjoying our swim! (Google review).